Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Are you really there?

Customer Question

Are you really there?
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thought this was my answer http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/87131113271b4f278d53521604b5dddc, but I can't see drain pump having removed cover. BEKO DWD5412 dishwasher.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
picture of front
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Yes we are here.
What is the problem you have and what are you trying to do?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have this situation...http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/87131113271b4f278d53521604b5dddcbut I don't seem to have the pump access behind the front cover, please see pic above.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok on your model what you need to do is lie the dishwasher on its back and remove the metal base cover there. There will be 2 screws holding the base at the front and 2 at the back.
Release the flood switch from the base and then you can access the drain pump from there.
Its a lot easyer then removing the sub frame which your model has on there.
Try that and let me know how it goes.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what to do from here. Pic attached.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
You need to remove the pump from the sump.
The pump is the part just above the grey drain hose. Hold the pump end and twist it anti clockwise and remove it from there.
But theres a small tab you need to press in. Its at the top of the pump on the right hand side. Its a very same tab that's stops the pump from spinning round so shine a tourch in there and you will see it. Push it in and it will allow the pump to twist off the sump bowl there.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The attached pic is the pump? I can't find any tab.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
That's the wash motor. You need the drain pump.
On the other picture you posted you can see the drain hose. The pump is just above that hose there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This? Can't see/feel any obvious tab to press in.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
The tab is at the very top. Its a very very small tab. You cannot see it from the picture you posted.
This is a hard one to explane as theres no pictures I can show you and cannot mark it on your picture. Its just that I know were it is so I can feel it when doing it.
Try and feel the top of the pump were its attached to the sump on the right hand side and you can feel it. Its like a little springy plastic piece that's stopping the pump fro spinning off.
Failing that place a tea towel on the pump and hold it and twist it anticlock wise hard and it can break the tab off and allow it to remove.
If the tab breaks it doesn't really matter as it will still stay in place there.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK got it off nothing obviously amiss, guess I'll just put it back together and see what happens. Thanks.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok if its clear just make sure the impeller turns ok. It should ping round in stages.
Then refit the pump and retry it and see how it goes from there.
If its a draining problem you have also check the drain hose and were it drains to. If it goes under a sink remove the hose and the spigot it pushes into and just check that isn't blocked up as well.
Regards