Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Neff Ceramic Hob (T1872N0/01) and one of the heating

Customer Question

I have a Neff Ceramic Hob (T1872N0/01) and one of the heating elements has stopped working. I have fitted the new element, but is it is not exactly the same as the old one. The element inner ring heats up but not to full power, the outer element works fine, How do I fix this?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
When you say its not the same is it a none genuine element you got?
Which element was it you replaced.
Also was the old one burnt out?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you look a the hob (T1872N0/01) the bottom left hand corner, dual element.
The original element is about 10 years old.It only had two connection wire terminal referenced as 2a and 2b which are linked. The other link (1a and 1b) are already connected to the heating elements
The replacement sent to me is EGO Hilight 2200/750w, 62508001, 10.51213.034 (230mm). It has separate terminals, 1a connected to the heating elements, then 2a, 2b separate terminals and 1b separate terminal again.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok stupid question but just want to make sure you are connecting the wires to the number 2 and 2a and not the position the wires were on the old element.
As some elements they swap the positions round. So 2 and 2a could be opposite each other on the old one but on the new one they are next to each other.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Daniel, I have tried all combinations to be honest, When I connect to the wire to 2a the outer element works fine and the inner one get warm but will not achieve full heat, when connect it to any other terminal neither element will get full heat but just sort of warm.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok if its just not heating up then its either the wrong heater or a faulty regulator. That's the only 2 things that can cause this.
As you are trying to fit a none geninue heater on this it may be wrong switching positions in there so without knowing this its very hard to give an answer.
Im going to opt out and if another expert can help they will jump in.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not realise this was a no-genuine part, it was sold to me as a Neff original spare? I shall return it, many thanks.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Yes it looks like a none genuine part.
Return it and get another and try it and just get back to me and let me know how it goes from there.
Regards