Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a creda solarplus oven which has stopped working, both

Customer Question

I have a creda solarplus oven which has stopped working, both ovens, grill, electric hobs all not working
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the model number please.
Also if you have a digital clock on this model is this lit and set?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, its a Creda Program 600 Carefree Solar Plus. I have attached a photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also it should have a digital clock top right but no power going to this right now
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok thanks for that, This is an old model isn't it.
Have you checked the power supply to the oven?
Pull the oven out and remove the cover were the mains cable goes and with a multi meter test this and check you have 230v there. If you don't then its a power supply fault.
But if there is then make sure the power is turned off and remove the back panel.
There you should find a small thermal cut out. It will have 2 wires going to it. You need to test this for continuity and if faulty then it needs to be replaced.
As for this fault were theres nothing coming on its either the power supply to the oven or the thermal cut out on the back that's failed which has stopped the cooker from working.
So check them and see what you find and let me know.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a multi meter but I can get one tomorrow. Could I come back to you then. It's too late to go and buy one now
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries that's fine. Just check it when ever you can and get back to me then.
Regards