Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Delonghi DFS0900d0 range cooker. Recently the main

Customer Question

I have a Delonghi DFS0900d0 range cooker. Recently the main fan oven kept cutting out other than that all was fine. I bought and fitted a new selector switch. Now i have no power to the clock/timer and no power to the main oven. The small oven and the ignition are working fine. Could i have blown the timer/clock in fitting a new selector?
i took pictures of the old selector prior to removing so i know that the connections are correct. A clock/timer is around £60 which i am reluctant to pay given i don't know for sure this is the problem. Is it possible to rewire and bypass the clock as we never used the timer in the past.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the fan may have issues and damaged the clock/timer, not the new selector. Unplug the fan motor and tape those connections off. Does it change the behavior of the clock/timer with it disconnected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for your response.

Which connections relate to the fan motor? I have uploaded a couple of pictures which may assist.

I have located the live and neutral feeds which fit into the back of the timer/clock. Is it possible to rewire and bypass the timer?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I will have to find a wiring diagram for that model. It may take a little time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The model itself is has a duel oven. The smaller oven of the two is not fan assisted and has no clock/timer attached. It has a direct live connection on the selector switch. Is it possible to remove the live connection from the timer and connect onto selector switch for main oven?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It may be, yes. However, I need to see the wiring diagram. I will place your question back to the list while i search in case another has that diagram readily available.