Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

And greetings from Italy. I writing concerning a smeg

Customer Question

Hi and greetings from Italy. I writing concerning a smeg washing machine LST107 who suddently stopped working. The wachine is 2 years an half old. At the startup the lock self tests opening closing, than the display shows E 13 Door lock error detected and it beeps 5 times. I opened the machine and replaed the door lock with a brand new one, regrettably the problem still persist. I checked the cables, connector to the mainboard, also the carbons in the engine. No way ! Do you have any idea of what the hell this machine is suffering of ? Thanks for any assistance you may provide. Claudio

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

If you have the E13 error code and you have replaced the door lock all ready then this just leaves either the main control board or the wiring from the board to the lock. They are the only things that can create the E13 error code.

Remove the control board and open the plastic casing and remove the board and inspect it for burning.

Also if you have a multimeter test the wiring from the board to the door lock and make sure theres no breaks in there.

But if all that checks out ok then you are left with the control board which would need to be replaced to cure this im afraid.

Sorry its not looking like good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Daniel thank you very much for your help ! I will go ahead and inspect the mainboard. Should I replace the whole mainboard in case, do you have an idea how much it's gonna cost me for the model lst107 ?regards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

If the wiring is fine and theres no signs of burning you can repair with a soldering iron then im afraid it will need to be replaced.

As to the price of the part i can see it says your in Italy so im not sure of the price there. But in the UK the part is £260 so very expensive as they are the main part of the washer.

Regards