Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Just moved into the property and when I turn on the fridge freezer it seems to run c

Customer Question

Just moved into the property and when I turn on the fridge freezer it seems to run for a couple of second and then cuts out with the lights going out. Lights come back on without intervention but then the cycle repeats.The fridge and freezer remain warm.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the make and model number please.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bosch classixx
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number as well please. It should be on a sticker inside the fridge behind the salad box and starts E-nr.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KGU30605GB/02
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks for that, I know which appliance you have now.
Not sure if you have tried this yet but if not then try plugging the appliance into another plug socket and see how it goes from there. As faulty sockets can actually cause faults like this here.
But if the plug socket isn't the issue here then im afraid from the fault you describe it will be the control unit at the top. To cure this you will need to remove the plastic control unit at the top of the fridge and you can then access the control board there and swap it over.
Then retry it and that should cure the fault from there. But control boards on these are quite expensive as they are about £100 just for the part itself.
So try the plug socket first if you haven't but if that failes then im afraid you are looking at a faulty control board here.
Regards