Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi essential 1400 6 kg. It wont finish wash. I have unplugged and can then s

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi essential 1400 6 kg. It wont finish wash. I have unplugged and can then set it to spin which Works only sometimes. Any idea what is wrong?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

Sorry for the delay do you still need help on this?

If so can you post the model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i still need help. Its a ZWF 14070W1

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok lets see what the error code is stored in there.

Set it going on a spin cycle and press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it and keep them held in.

After a few seconds the leds will go out.

Then let go of the buttons and then you start light will flash. You need to count the number of red flashes and then the number of green flashes and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

5 red flashes and 2 green

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok thanks for that. This error code is E52 which is a motor related problem.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and get someone to hold for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer. There you will see the back of the motor. Either side of the motor at the back are the carbon brushes. They are in black plastic holders, Remove these and see if they have worn down. If so then you need to replace them and fingers crossed that will cure the fault from there.

So check them and see what you find but for the E52 error code 8 out of 10 its the carbon brushes in the motor that causes this.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Jst wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open?

Regards