Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Zanussi ZDC 47209W turns on a 40 seconds

Customer Question

Hello, My Zanussi ZDC 47209W turns on for about a 40 seconds to a minute and then trips the breaker for the ring that it is attached to. It will turn on again after the breaker is reset and continue to do the same thing over and over. I have taken out and cleaned the condenser, as well as leaving all hatches open for about a week to make sure there is no water stuck in the machine. But the dryer continues to have this same issue.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. Do you still need help on this?

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel

Yes I would like an answer please.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Ok normally for a fault like this were its tripping the electrics its normally the heater that does this.

To test this you need an insulation meter or megger to test the heater and see if its shorting to earth.

But if you dont have a meter then you need to remove the top and the left hand side panel. There in the bottom left corner you will see a wiring block above the pump. This is for the heater. Pull it out and disconnect the wiring blocks.

Then set it going and see if it runs for a few minutes without tripping out. If it does then its the heater.

Remove the buldge cover on the back and there you will see the heater. See if this is wet. If so the you need to dry it out with a hairdryer and then once its all dry refit the wiring blocks and retry it and fingers crossed its stopped tripping. But if its still tripping then its looking like the heater is the issue here and will need to be replaced.

Check that out and see what you find. But for this kind of fault 8 times out of 10 its usually the heater that causes this.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards