Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Beko DW 1644 will not start a wash program, salt light lit

Customer Question

Beko DW 1644 will not start a wash program, salt light lit.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi What actually happens when you try and start a cycle? Do you hear any noises coming from it at all? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The only button that seams responsive is the main power button. All of the other buttons (Program selector "P" and the start/reset) do not respond. I have tried holding down all of the buttons to perform a reset procedure and it does not respond.

So a cycle does not start.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok if you look at the row of lights on the right hand side for the cycle as all of these lit up or just one of them? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When powering the machine on, all four (P1, P2, P3, P4) LEDs light up, then they all go off. So currently none of them are on.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok that's fine. So if they all go out then when you press the P button you should be able to set a program. If it wont do this then you may find the display control board is fault here. But try this and see what happens.Turn the dishwasher off.Press and hold the start/cancel button and keep that held in.With that held in turn the dishwasher on.Once all the lights light up then let go.Now turn it back off and then on and try and select another cycle and see what happens from there. If its still the same and you cannot select a cycle then its looking like the display control board is the issue. As on this theres 2 control boards. Theres the main board on the left hand side of the control panel when you remove it and the display board which is the one you press to select the cycle. Now iv replaced loads of the display boards in the past for faults like this so its not uncommon for them to fail. So if the above doesn't make a difference then its looking like that control board is the fault and it will need to be replaced. Now there is a chance it could be the main control board. But theres no way you can test a control board so its a case or replacing one to see how it goes. But for the fault you describe its more then likely just the display control board at fault here. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Daniel,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have tried the power off and reset procedure and the problem is still present.

I am awaiting a service engineer to visit and check the machine, I have communicated a potential control board failure.

I fully intend to honour the payment, however providing an accurate and honest review/rating at this time would not be authentic.

Once I have had a service engineer look at the machine I will get back to you ASAP and look to rate and finish so you can be appropriately compensated.

Thanks

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

No worries thats fine. You can rate when ever your ready.

Regards