Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Rob,I'm Paul. My Bosch Classixx stalls after the pre-rinse

Customer Question

Hi Rob,I'm Paul. My Bosch Classixx stalls after the pre-rinse of the Normal programme, it keeps cycling through with a humming sound for about 3 seconds then a couple of electrical switch sounding clicks and the control panel lights flash, it keeps doing this over and over for ages.I have checked the pump and it drains ok.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Is this a washing machine or dishwasher? Do you have the model number?ThanksRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a dishwasher SGS53C02GB/15
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
OK, great, thanks
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
If you start any new cycle, th drain pump should run for about 1 minute. Do you hear this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Great
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
And is it then that you hear the humming sound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it will run through the first rinse cycle and it is at the end of the rinse that the humming starts. it is as if something is preventing the machine moving on to the wash cycle.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Ok, this depends which cycle you are using. If you use the "normal" setting, there is no rinse first. It drains, fills and then heats and washes, it then does the rinse and the heated rinse.Try this cycle and tell me what happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The programme overview in the manual (page 15) shows pre-rinse, wash 65°, first rinse, second rinse, rinse-aid 70°, drying, as the Normal 65° programme. It also shows pre-rinse for Intesive 70° (as spelt in manual) and Gentle 40°.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** on this model there was no pre rinse, apologies.OK, so lets try this. set the machine on Normal. When it gets to the point where it hums, calling for water, open the door and pour water in. Close the door. Does the machine now continue into the wash?ThanksRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob,
Ok, filled the machine with water when the humming sound started cycling on and off. This was pumped away to waste. Filled it again with more water this time, to ensure the level float was lifted. The pump reduced the level until the float dropped back down, closed the door and the machine pumped all of the water away to waste again and the humming sound started cycling on and off again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should have said that when the first lot of water was pumped away, the humming sound started cycling on and off again.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
This is a bit of an odd oneI suspect its to do with the metering of the water and water level.This is all contained in the side panelso you want to dismantle the machine and have a look or would you prefer I get you an all inclusive quote for this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have a look
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
OK, disconect the powerRemove the lid, then the two side panels
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
youll then see the water level device
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that, I guess it's the large translucent plastic part on the left hand side of the machine
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
This large tank is part of the inlet system for the machine. You should see the water rise and fall in here as the water enters the machine.Does it look fairly clean?How old is the machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks very clean and the machine is around 10 yrs old or so
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
OK, if you know look in the sump under the main filters, do you see a black grid ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, no grid and it's all the same colour grey plastic
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
OK. Im having trouble locating the schematic for this model as mine is showing something else. Ill opt outThis means that if someone else has this information, they will respond to you directly.In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as this will lock your question ThanksRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks for getting me this far anyway
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Your welcomeGood luck with itRob