Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Daniel I have an Avantixx 8. My tumble dryer is definitely

Customer Question

Hi Daniel I have an Avantixx 8. My tumble dryer is definitely unhappy. When I turn it on, before I push the button to identify the dial area I need (ie cottons - very dry) The machine starts to make a rumbling noise. Then when I press the on button for that it starts and runs for less than 30 seconds and the container light begins to flash. After a couple of minutes more it stops completely
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If it is starting before the cycle is selected, the motor switch has welded contacts and the motor will likely need to be replaced. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?