Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Daniel. My Beto condenser dryer keeps overheating and then

Customer Question

Hi Daniel. My Beto condenser dryer keeps overheating and then the machine just cuts off. It's in a cupboard, but it's not restricted as I always leave the doors open when I dry and it's also standing on boards and not carpet
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The make is Beko and the number is ***** 70 W
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi When it stops is the end light coming on?Also have you checked the vent hose is clear and the air is blowing out form there when its on? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It completely goes dead - no lights or anything and, as it's a CONDENSER dryer there is no vent hose
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sorry misread the model number and thought it was a vented dryer. But if the dryer is going completely dead the first thing to check is the plug socket. Remove the plug and check theres no burning on the pins. If so then you need to replace the plug top and then replace the socket as it would have burnt inside to cause the plug top to melt. If the plug looks ok then try it in a different socket and see how it goes from there as if its a faulty socket this can cause this problem. But if its still doing the same in another plug socket and then remove the top of the dryer and in the back right corner you will see the mains filter were the power cable goes to. Check this and make sure theres no signs of burning on there. But if that's all ok and its still cutting out then its going to be the control board at fault. As for this kind of fault it will be something to do with the above so check them out and see what you find. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plugs fine. Could it be because I'm using an extension cable?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. The system has changed on here so I wasn't able to log on my phone to reply back to you last night. If its going to an extension lead then it can very well be that that's fault here.Remove the extension lead and try it in another one or try it straight into a socket and see what happens from there. But if its sill the same after that then check the mains filter and if that's ok then its looking like the control board here im afraid. Regards