Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My samsung washer won't drain. We took it apart and the pump

Customer Question

My samsung washer won't drain. We took it apart and the pump motor works when you hook electricity up to it but it was very hot to the touch when we took it out of the washer and black gunky water came out of it when we hooked it up to electricity to test it.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
This sounds like you are getting dirty water back down the waste pipe into the pump
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
If the hose is connected to the sink waste or garbage disposal, make sure that the connetion and waste are clear. It is normal for the pump to run warm, but not hot.That would indicate excessive wear in the pump and this would also lead to problems if the water its pumping is "dirty".I would suggest that you replace the pump as well as check the waste
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more helpThanksRob