Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Water not going in to water tank .Model number ZDC37100w

Customer Question

Regards
Mark
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Is the dryer still working?Is the empty water light coming on?If not then do you have water leaking on the floor? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Water on floor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Water leaking on floor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I have an answer please
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sorry for the delay I was off line when you replied back. But anyway as to the problem I think you will find the bottle valve will be the fault here Pull the dryer out and lean it backwards and pull out the water bottle. Then from here look under the dryer at the back and you will see the valve there which the water bottle pushes into. Check this and I think you will find this has popped out. As what happens is the seal wears and causes the springs in there to fall out. So when this happens the water doesn't flow into the bottle and instead leaks onto the floor. To fix this you need to replace that valve. Its held on by 2 screws so is easy to replace. Then that will cure the fault from there. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks I will try that
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
No worries, from the sounds of this I think you will find that valve at the back is the problem here.