Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hoover OPH 148 washing machine 8kg and it will not

Customer Question

I have a Hoover OPH 148 washing machine 8kg and it will not start a programme. The door locks and it looks like it is going to start a programme but the water does not come on. I have checked the inlet hose and it is fine with no kinks. I cannot find any information on error codes to check. If I hold down the start button, the cold wash and sensitive care LEDs come on.
The machine clicks like it is going to start then does not fill.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Robin
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dose it do this on a rinse cycle as well?What happens if you try a spin only? Will it spin on there?Also do you get any flashing lights if you leave it? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No - tried spin only and it still doesn't go. The only flashing that happens is if I hold down the start button and the sensitive care and cold wash(?) LEDs flash

It clicks like it is accepting the programme then does nothing

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok if it does that on all cycle then one thing you can check first is the carbon brushes in the motor. As on some models if these wear down it can cause this fault were the door locks but wont start any cycle. So remove the motor at the back of the washer and there at the back of the motor either side you will see the carbon brushes. Take them out and see if they have worn. If so then you need to replace them. But if they are fine then remove the main control unit and check for any signs of burning on there. As if the brushes are fine and its just not starting any cycle then its possibley the main control board at fault. But check the brushes first and see how it goes from there and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Carbon brushes are low. Can't get the parts to replace them for a couple of days. Will get back to you

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
No worries that's fine, fingers crossed once they have been replaced that will sort it from there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel

Replaced the brushes and unfortunately the same thing is happening. When I hold down the start button, the cold wash and sensitive care LEDs flash and the 3 hr delay falshes as well.

It looks as if nothing is burnt out although in fairness I'm not sure I really know what I am looking at

Any other suggestions?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel

Any other suggestions?

Also, just tried it on spin only cycle and again clicks like it goin to start then does nothing. When I hold down the start button the cold wash and sensitive care LEDs falsh in addition to the 9 hr delay this time.

Don't know if that makes any difference

Robin

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Ok if its still not startign on any cycle and the brushes are new then its more then likely the control board.

Even if it looks ok it can still be faulty as it can be a faulty componment thats casued it so in this case the control board would need to be replaced but these are quite expensive and sometimes now worth fixing on these.

Sorry its not looking like good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

REgards