Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My ikea oven won't come on. It has happened a couple of times

Customer Question

My ikea oven won't come on. It has happened a couple of times over the last week. The rings are still working
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the model number please.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whirlpool 50123008
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
That model you posted is just for a single oven? Im taking it when you say the rings are working this is a separate hob you have above it?
As to the fault with the oven is the clock all set ok?
Do the small lights come on the control panel when you try and select any setting?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did answer this question yesterday but it doesn't show. The clock is set and there aren't any lights on the panel apart from on the time panel.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
HiSorry for the delay in getting back to you. If the clock is set but no other lights are coming on and the oven just wont work then its possibley ether the thermal cut out at the back or the control unit. Pull the oven out and remove the back panel. Located on the back is the thermal cut out. Its about the size of a 10p and will have 2 wires going to it. You need to test this with a multi meter for continuity. If that's faulty then you need to replace it and see how it goes from there. But if that's all ok then remove the top panel and here you will see the control unit. Check this for burning and loose wires. But if the thermal cut out is fine then its usually that control unit at fault. Check them both out and see what you find and let me know. Regards
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. The oven is fitted so I can't pull it out or access any panel.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
If you open the door theres usually 1 or 2 screws either side holding the oven to the kitchen unit. Remove them and then it will pull out from there. These ovens are made to be removed from the units. Regards