Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

When I turn on my zanussi washing machine, all the lights are

When I turn on my zanussi washing machine, all the lights are flashing on all sections all the time, no break in sequence. have tried to hold down reset button etc. but not worked yet.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

Can you post the model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Zwf1437w

Hi

Ok try this and see what happens.

Turn the washer off but the button on the front.

Then press and hold the start button and the reset button.

Keep them both held in and then turn the washer back on.

Keep the buttons held in for about 5 seconds then let go.

Now the leds should be scrolling down the display.

Press the fabrics button until the 40 deg led is lit and now there should be an error code on the screen E??

Let me know the code then turn the washer off then on then back off again.

Then just retry a cycle and see what happens then.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did all of that but it won't let me go to 40 degrees the lights just keep flashing including the start/pause button.
The door light is also on.

Hi

Ok had a feeling from the fault you have that this may not work. As if you cannot get into test mode and the all the lights just keep flashing im afraid its looking like a faulty control board.

What you can try first is remove the top and from there you will see a control board on the right hand side towards the front and theres another just behind the plastic front panel.

You need to disconnect the wiring harness that's going from the front board to the main board. Its the small thin blue wiring harness.

Leave it for about 20 mins just to see if this resets the electronics in there.

Then retry it and see how it goes from there. If still the same then its going to be a board fault im afraid. Now as theres 2 in there it could be either of them. Normally its the main board on the side as the front board we very rarely replace them but they can happen. But until you replace one of the boards you wont now which it is. But for past repairs ive done for the same fault its the main power board at fault im afraid.

Sorry its not looking like good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thank you . I will try it again in the morning. And see if anything has changed and then try your suggestion.

Hi

Your very welcome.

Regards