Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hotpoint Aqualtis AQXXD 169 PM Washine machine - after a power

Hotpoint Aqualtis AQXXD 169 PM Washine machine - after a power cut it is not powering up at all. I have changed the fuse in the plug and tried it in a different socket, but nothing....any ideas please?

thanks!
Colin
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This could be a board failure. Can you tell me does the fascia neons come on at all?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob - I am at work at the moment, so I can check things on the machine when I get home, but there are no lights coming on at all.

Cheers!

Colin

Hi Colin

Thanks

OK, first thing to check is that its a good 13amp fuse and that the socket has power by using a lamp in that socket.
If still no go, disconnect the power to the machine and remove the lid.
Do you have, and know how to use, a multimeter?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob, I have replaced the fuse in the plug and also checked that the socket is working with another appliance. There is still no power.

I have a multimeter, so i will take the lid off!

Cheers,

Colin

Hi Colin
First thing is to follow the mains lead into the back of the cabinet.
Check you have 240v there.
If you do, it should then go to the mains filter (Capacitor)
Check this has not blown or the casing has bulged. Does it smell?

I am assuming there are no leds lit that would be, normally?
Can you tell me the age of the appliance?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - there is 240v coming at the capacitor, doesn't look like anything has blown, and nothing is bulging. There's no smell of burning either....

Cheers,

Colin

Hi Colin
In that case it sounds like it may be the main board/control.

This is too complex to be tested at home, and too expensive to just replace and see.
I would suggest getting a fixed price repair quote for this and going from there.

Can you tell me the age and your postcode please?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ah ok, it's 7 years old, my postcode is RG18 4NW. I have attached a picture of the label on the back in case it helps....

Cheers,

Colin

Hi Colin

Thanks
The best price is £125
This would include the call out, all labour, ALL PARTS and the vat

If you'd like to book this , please call British Gas who run this "all in" scheme on 0800(NNN) NNN-NNNNand they will make an appointment for you.

Alternatively, you may prefer to put this money toward a new machine

If you need more help, please just ask
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob