Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

How do I take the element out of a beko oven in order to replace

How do I take the element out of a beko oven in order to replace it? It does not look like there are screws on the top part where it goes into the casing. Tbanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.++Can you tell me which element you are wanting to replace?

Do you have the spare already?
What is the model number?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thanks I have the spare and we are looking at the back of the oven but it does not appear to be screws holding the element. In place, the model number OIF22300

Expert:  Rob replied 8 months ago.
Hi John

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX element is it?? The grill, the circular element, or another?

When you look at the new element, are there threaded studs on the fixing plate or holes?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

The circular oven element, I think. They might be studs not sure

Expert:  Rob replied 8 months ago.
Hi John
Great, thanks

The element is accessed from INSIDE the oven cavity. You need to turn off the power and remove the back panel inside the oven.

Please go here. Just click on the word in blue.
Go to the bottom of the page and there is a video showing you how to do this. Its not exactly the same as yours, but the principle is the same.
If you need more help, please just ask

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Yes I have seen that but it is not screws holding the oven element in place but what looks like screws with no heads does this mean it is screwed on from the outside but round the back

Expert:  Rob replied 8 months ago.
Hi John

There are several types of element that have been fitted to this model.

If there are no screws on the inside, then it will be held by nuts on the outside.
You will need to remove the oven from the housing. Remove the back panel and look for the fan motor. Just outside of that will be the nuts holding the element in place. Undo these and remove the element from the inside

Thanks
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.