Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi, My Beko WM6167W stopped mid wash (I didnt realise)

My Beko WM6167W stopped mid wash (I didn't realise) as the door lock clicked off. When I opened the door it was still full of water. I closed the door and tried to put it on again. Just a humming noise is coming from the machine now. I have put it on the drain setting but nothing is happening still.

Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 10 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me how the waste hose is connected to the house waste?
Is it in a standpipe behind the machine?

Are you able to get to the end of the waste hose?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes it is connected through a standpipe. I am going to try and get to the pipe. But the machine it heavy!

Expert:  Rob replied 10 months ago.
Hi Fran

We need to get the water out of the machine, the easiest way is through the waste hose.

Let me know if you can get the hose, or not.

Can you also tell me when you last checked the filter?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I have pulled out the machine and can get to the pipe. I am not sure where the filter is but I know my husband cleaned it about 6mth-12mths ago.

Thanks

Expert:  Rob replied 10 months ago.
Hi Fran

Thanks

If you lay the hose along the floor and into a shallow bowl, the water will flow. Raise the hose to stop the flow. Continue till no more water flows.
Remove the clothes.
Pull down the flap on the base of the front of the machine and remove the filter. There will be water in there, so lay down a shallow bowl and some old towels to soak up the water.

There is probably something in the filter which is stopping the drain pump from running and removing this, the machine should now be OK.
If you need more help, please just ask me.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for all your help. I have found some nails (husband a chippy) and 10p in the filter.

Just one thing I am worried about. Would I seem to have dislodged a black tube with a blue thing on the end in moving the machine. Should I be worried about this?

Thanks

Expert:  Rob replied 10 months ago.
Hi Fran
Thats great news, well done. Thats him in the dog house !!

Im not sure what the black tube is that you are concerned about.
Is it a part of the machine? If so, where is it located?
Can you upload a picture for me?

Please don't forget to rate as this is how I get credit for helping you. You can continue asking me things after rating

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Rob,

I have attached a picture..

Thanks

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Expert:  Rob replied 10 months ago.
Hi Fran
Thanks for the rating, appreciate it.

To the left of the filter is an oblong thing, if this is a cut out, the hose should come through the back of the hole, so that the end and the blue cap just sits on the front of th machine.

If its not a cut out, just push it back under the machine, making sure its not caught on anything

Rob
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

There was an oblong. Fingers crossed this has now worked!

Expert:  Rob replied 10 months ago.
Hi
You should be all set

Thanks again

Rob