Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a BOSCH HBT 550 oven. Yesterday, due to a storm I lost

I have a BOSCH HBT 550 oven. Yesterday, due to a storm I lost power for a few minutes. Although the power has been restored, the oven is not working. The timer is blinking with all ZEROs and the word AUTO. I tried turning on the oven but nothing happen, the fan did not come on and no heat. I did turn off the oven at the fuze box and then turn it on again, no change. How can I reset the oven to get it working?
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me the Enr from the data plate in the door recess please?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HBN526AFN, FD 7703

Hi Michael, thanks

Please give me a few moments to research this, and I will post back to you

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok will wait to hear from you

Hi Michael.

Did you buy this in France?
Unfortunately the manual is only available in French, which I dont read, apologies.

However, if the power has been interrupted, the clock needs to be reset and the AUTO time feature taken off, so it needs to be set up as you did when it was new.

If you dont have the manual to do this, can you recheck the model number for me please?

Let me know how you get on

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am corresponding with you from France. I have the manual but it does not explain how to "reset". It ells me if the oven will not work "Auto" flashes, press the "manual" button which I did and had no effect.

It also sais if my oven will not light off, check the fuze. The fuze in my fuze box is working because I am getting the flashing "clock and auto".

Hi Michael.

At the very beginning of the book, it should tell you how to set the clock when you first install the oven, when its new.

Does it tell you to cancel the Auto first, or does it tell you to set the clock first?
If you cant turn off the Auto, try setting the time first and tell me what happens

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, I reset the clock and now the oven is working. Thanks. What happens now? You process payment?

Hi Michael

Thats great news , well done

Can you please rate my answer with the smiley faces, and then the payment is processed and I get credit for helping you today

All the best

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Done and thanks!

Hi
Thats great, thanks

Rob