Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Hello, I have a 2003 AWG(NNN) NNN-NNNN(8537 329 15000) Washer/Dryer.

I have a 2003 AWG(NNN) NNN-NNNN(8537 329 15000) Washer/Dryer. I never use the Dryer. During the last few weeks the spin cycle has been unbearably loud and sounds like it has a stone in the drum.

Today, on a 4 program when going into the spin cycle it died a slow death and then the program clicked round to the spanner symbol. Manual says problem serious.

1. Cleared out pump casing
2. Emptied drain hose.
3. Tried a number of washing programs. Water goes in fine but drum doesn't go round and then programs clicks to end without drain and spin. Tried on both full and empty load.
4. S Program Drain and Spin - Drain works fine but not spin

So is there any point in paying to have this investigated or should I move straight to new washing machine shopping?

Any help appreciated.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The noise is the main tub bearing, not an economical repair. Apply the repair funds to a new machine. I would not repair that machine.