Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

AEG Lavamat washing machine has just brought down the electrical

AEG Lavamat washing machine has just brought down the electrical circuit during a wash - whenever we plug it back in the circuit breaker trips again - any idea what the problem might be - the machine is probably 14 years old! dont want to call out someone to be told its had it! thanks
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

IS the machine actually turned on when you put the breaker on?
If not, turn the machine to drain or spin, then turn the breaker on.
Does it do it correctly?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Rob, as soon as we turn on the washing machine at the socket - not turning the machine on at all it trips the fuse board circuit - cant get as far as turning the machine on. it trips any circuit we try to connect it to. we had to manually pop the door open to get the washing out. we have changed the fuse in the plug and the same happens. - any idea?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Rob, sorry - it can put the socket on but it is as soon as we turn the machine on to set the dial - not to start a wash - just move the dial it blows the whole circuit. what do you think?

Hi Rab

In that case it sounds like the main control board.

This is an expensive item to replace, and not easy to test due to its complex electrical circuits.

Given the age of the machine, I think its probably better to put the money toward a new machine

Sorry it wasn't an easy fix for you on this one
If you need more help, please just ask me,
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email