Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  I have worked in the appliance industry ever since graduating from college.

Hello I have a washer 6cycle #on the door sm8280869 When

I have a washer 6cycle #on the door sm8280869
When it get between wash And rince it stop if i turn the knob the only Time it fonction si right after rince then stops again before spin.
Would you hâve an idéa what could be the problem
Hello, and thank you for using My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you with your problem today.

To start, your model number listed is actually the serial number. The model should be located right next to the serial up under the lid down near the hinges. Can I get the model number to better assist you? Also, when the washer stops just before the spins cycle, if you manually advance it, will it spin? Or even if you advance the timer it won't spin?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model IJ 42001
No it wont spin in any position
i had à full load had to get it out by hand And empty it. Once just about emptyI tried it And it worked so i sent for a load but it dit it again
OK so it sounds like your lid switch is starting to fail. This is really the only part that will stop the timer from advancing as well as stop the washer from rinsing/spinning even when you manually advance the timer. It doesn't sound like the lid switch has completely failed yet, because it seems to sporadically work based on what you're saying, but the lid switch would need to be replaced. The part number for the switch you'll need to order is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand below is a link to a video that shows you how to replace the part.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!