Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

my hotpoint ultima wmd960 wont spin - what can i do?

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

Does the washer drain the water out?

Will the drum turn at all during a wash?

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It appears to de draining the water out however the drum does not turn

Hi

Ok the motors on these are a 3 phase motor so theres no carbon brushes in there.

I take it you have checked the wiring to the motor?

Do you have a multimeter?

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, I have very limited knowledge of washing machines so i dont have a multimeter.

the wiring to the motor as far as i can see is ok. The belt is not broken and i can move it easily with my hands

Hi

Ok if the wiring is fine and the drum isn't turning then im afraid the fault is either the motor itself or the control board.

But to find out which you will need a multimeter.

But to be honest with you both parts are very expensive if you were to buy them yourself.

The cheapest and best opition here is to get Hotpoint in on there fixed price repair. This is about £105 and includes all parts and labour. So that way it will be cheaper if you were to buy the part yourself.

Sorry its not good news but from what you say its either the motor itself as theres no carbon brushes or the control board.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards