Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi Daniel, my BEKO fridge/freezer CDA543FW 10.5CF is in

Customer Question

Hi Daniel,

my BEKO fridge/freezer CDA543FW 10.5CF is in need of a new thermostat, the freezer is working fine but the fridge is freezing everything. So I've ordered a new thermostat part number XXXXXXXXXX to go in the thermostat house, which is in the top bit of the fridge. But the part is far too big with a coil on it and does not fit, according to Amazon where I bought the part from it should fit. The fridge is only 2 years old (model number XXXXXXXXXX . Is it possible that the newer versions of this BEKO fridge do have smaller thermostats? I've called BEKO as well but the online parts for this model (part numbers K59L2084 and KDF29X) all look exactly the same size. I took a photo from the inside of the thermostat house if it helps.
Thanks
Silva
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 12 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

Ok the thermostat you have on your appliance now does it look like this.

Click here

Regards

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Hi Daniel,

I am trying to insert a photo file on this email but it is not working. How can I email you it for you to see? It looks like a computer chip with cables on it and is in the compartment where the bulb is.

Thank you

Hi

Ok that's the picture which I sent you in the link.

Theres 2 types of thermostats on these. Ones a small circuit board with a few wires just like the picture I sent a link to.

The other is a normal thermostat with a big long capilery all coiled up when new.

This sounds like they have sent you a mechanical thermostat instead of the circuit board thermostat.

Click on the link below to see the thermostat you need.

http://www.buyspares.co.uk/electronic-pcb/product.pl?pid=1958047&query=CDA543FW

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Hi Daniel,

I have received the new circuit board thermostat yesterday and put it in correctly and again my fridge is frozen (-4'C) this morning. What else can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks

Silva

Hi

If that didn't cure the fault then it may be the main control board at the back. If you look on the back towards the top you will see a plastic cover take this off and you will see the main control board.

You can try and replace that as well and see how it goes.

As when I get this fault I usually replace both boards. But if after this its still the same then its proberly the sensor itself.

But if this is the case theres nothing you can do as the sensors are foamed in at the back so you cannot access. So if this is the case then the appliance will need to be replaced im afraid.

Regards

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi
Thank you for your reply, would you be able to send me the link to purchase this part please, yes if it still doesn't work after that we will have to buy a new fridge/freezer then, thanks so much for your help.
Kind regards
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay.

Click here for the main board

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

just to let you know the fridge is working fine now since I've changed the main control board. Thanks again for your help, very much appreciated.

Regards

Hi

Nice one glad to hear its sorted now and thanks for letting me know how it went.

Regards