Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Have been working on all major appliances for 25 years
22302088

I have an indesit washer dryer IWDC6105 it starts to wash but

I have an indesit washer dryer IWDC6105 it starts to wash but then all the lights start to flash mid cycle, it seemed to have a problem draining water so we replaced the pump after checking all the pipes were clear or debris so this is now working but the error still seems to appear but now it can be mid spin.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

The problem is most likely the brushes on the motor are worn and will need to be replaced, Take the model number to a local appliance parts dealer to purchase the brushes, The brushes normally clip into the motor, Remove the wires from the brushes then press the clips on the side, pull them out.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi mike thanks for your reply but why would you say it's the brushes? And are they easy to get to to replace only I am currently selling this washer dryer on eBay but if its worth fixing then I will try again, just found the brushes online for £13.50. The only problem is that I just don't want to keep buying new parts in the hope it revives my machine. I have looked on indesits website for error codes but my machine doesn't have a digital display only the lights of the functions. If I knew this would fix the problem then I would be happy to do it.
Unfortunately there is nothing for sure with appliance repair, The only real way to be sure with the brushes is pull them out and examine them for wear, normally the carbon will be around 3 inches long, If the carbon on the brushes is allot shorter then they will need replacing, when a machine will not spin it's going to be either the drain system or the brushes.

Thanks!

Mike.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,