Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have a Neff Integrated dishwasher that is 12 years old.

We have a Neff Integrated dishwasher that is 12 years old. We recently had a pipe blockage which meant the water from our washing machine flooded the dishwasher and came up through the sink. We fixed the plumbing problem and I removed the water from the dishwasher, but when I switched on the dishwasher it started trying to work without the door shut and it just made a humming/whirring noise like it couldn't get started properly. Resetting it has not made a difference to it and it is still making the same noise. Can you help? Thanks, Simon
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Simon, can you pour a bowl of water into the machine and switch it on
Does the water get pumped away straight away?

Are you able to pull the machine forward?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Rob. The water was pumped away and it is difficult to pull it forward as it was placed on a thick piece of hardboard and the feet are slightly buried in it due to water ingress over the years.

Hi Simon

Thanks

It sounds like the machine has water in the base, where the pumps are.

This sets the flood guard and the discharge pump will run continuously in an effort to protect the electrics in the base.
Turn off the electric.
Remove the lower kick panel

Look in there, it shoul;d be dry and I think its wet

Dry this area out thoroughly

The machine should now be reset.
If this re occurs you have a leak and will need to find it and rectify it .

If you need more help, please just ask.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rob, how do I remove the lower kick panel? It is held by a black plastic screw in the middle which turns but doesn't come out and the LKP has a metal edging at the top holding it in place. Are there any screws I can't see?

Hi Simon

This sounds like its not a fully integrated machine as the screw you describe is probably raising and lowering the back legs.

In this case you need to pull it out, sorry.

So,

Turn off the electric.
Pull machine forward.
Put towels down behind the machine.
Tilt machine back at 45 degrees.
Water will come out the back.
The machine should now be reset.

The rest of the directions are the same. Again, please ask me anything and don't forget to rate

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK cheers.

Hi Simon

Your welcome, let me know how it goes and please don't forget to rate as this is how I get credit for helping you tonight

Thanks
Rob