Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

the freezer door was left ajar last night and since then the

the freezer door was left ajar last night and since then the water dispenser has stopped working...can you help?

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

Can you post the make and model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Daniel it's a Samsung model number is XXXXX

Hi

Ok if you remove the bottom baskets inside the fridge section at the back you will see the water bottle.

Check and see if this is frozen up and see if theres any ice or frost on the back wall there and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no its clear no ice

Hi

Ok is it still making ice?

When you ask for water if you listen very carefully at the bottom do you hear a humming noise?

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the ice side is still working and yes you can hear a humming noise when you try to dispense water

Hi

Ok the water valve is working if you hear the humming.

Whats proberly happened here is the water supply is frozen some were.

As if the freezer door was left open then the compressor runs longer to try and keep it cool so your fridge gets to cold and the water in the bottle or hoses freezes up.

Get a hairdryer and heat the bottle up and the hose for a bit. But keep the hairdryer moveing and don't keep it in place for long periods time as it can melt the bottle.

Then keep trying the water and hopefully this will defrost it and get it working again.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok we will get the hair dryer to work..and get back to you,thank you

Hi

No worries. Hopefully it would be good news.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

daniel.....we have water you may just have prevented world war 3...lol...great work mate....i had my doubts about this system i must admit but you have proved me wrong......once again thank you very much!!!

Hi

Nice one glad to hear you sorted and thanks for letting me know.

If you need anymore help in the future just get back to me.

Regards