Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My Bosch dishwasher has an E25 error and water remained at

My Bosch dishwasher has an E25 error and water remained at the base of the machine. I have followed the advice found on the site and cleaned the filters and checked the impeller (no apparent blockage and it is spinning freely). I disconnected the evacuation hose from the waste pipe. It was full of water and I allowed it to drain. However, the error re-occurred.

Curiously, if I restart the machine after clearing the error message by switching off and on, the machine drains and the cycle starts as normal. But before the end the machine stops and shows the error. Any ideas?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
It sounds like a possible pump failure

when the machine first starts a new cycle, it should pump out first for about a minute, does it do this?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I said in the question: " if I restart the machine after clearing the error message by switching off and on, the machine drains and the cycle starts as normal."

Please, I do not want to wait for 3 hours simply to have to repeat the question

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Im sorry you feel like your repeating yourself, but I need to be sure of what the machine is doing before I can give you a diagnosis, im sure you understand
Please put the waste hose into a bucket placed on top of the machine.

Pour a bowl of water into the machine and start any cycle.
Is the water pumped out under pressure or does it just dribble out?

Let the machine fill and do the cycle. Does it now pump out at the end of the cycle or does it fault again?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob

It pumps with good pressure. The 15 min cycle ran and pumped normally without error. Was that a test or does the bucket-on-the-machine thing actually do something?

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi

You need to try running the cycle again.

If it works correctly again, there is a blockage in the drain, where the hose connects and onwards.

This is fairly common, as the small pump is not strong enough to push the water past the blockage in the house plumbing. It only needs to pump it to the end of the hose, hence the test with the bucket,

If you need more help, please just ask.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.