Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Miele G858SCVI leak during circulation

Hi, my Miele G858SCVI has given 10 years good service but has now developed a leak into the bottom tray during the circulation cycle. The inlet/drain light came on, which spooked me into checking these areas first but now the tray is collecting over a pint of water during a complete cycle. I have the side panels off but cannot see where it is coming from. If I just run the pre-wash very little accumulates by comparison with the full wash. I feel competent to fix things like this but I wonder if you have any suggestions as to common causes of such a leak? Thanks in advance! Peter

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The most common causes of leakage are hose connections and motor seals. That is likely the source of the leak. If you place some food coloring in the dishwasher and allow it to recirculate, it may help to trace the source.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kelly, thanks for your reply. It's looking like a couple of the motor seals - do you think this will entail replacement motors, or are seals likely to be available as separate spares?

You will need to replace the recirculation motor assembly.