Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Have been working on all major appliances for 25 years

i have a electrolux front load washer with a e91 code lights

i have a electrolux front load washer with a e91 code lights only on screen none on switches.this is new washer
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up that error code please.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Von, the error code means there is a communication problem between the user interface and the main control board.

You would need to remove the top panel of the machine, then once off remove the control console, You will see a wire harness running from the interface and the main control, Unplug this harness at both ends and then re seat them back into the controls, If this fails to clear the problem then you likely have a bad main control board.

If the machine is covered by the warranty still I would call Electrolux and schedule warranty service since the control board will be free.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i shipped out of country no warranty

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Ok in that case Von maybe the wire harness has come loose, If not the control board would need to be purchased and then replaced.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

how do i get front panel off

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
You would need to get the top panel off by removing the 3 screws along the rear lip of the machine, Slide the top back and lift it off. Once off remove the visible screws along the top of the control panel and the screws inside the detergent dispenser, Unclip the top of the control panel, it should come right off.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Have been working on all major appliances for 25 years
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

when it rains it pours the voltage is too low to washer now my ge profile refridgerator is not getting cold

great job on your washer answer but it is the voltage

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

can u help with ge profile refridgerator.it has bottom freezer

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
I'm on the road at the moment, will have to get back to you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

why wont the washer work with 111 volts

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

i guess u are still on the road

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Sorry I have been away for the weekend, What is your question?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

is 111 volts enough to start washer and what would cause ge profile bottom freezer to go to warm inside it is new

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Yes that voltage looks fine, I doubt it would cause the problem with the refrigerator.

I can only answer questions about one appliance (site policy) if you have questions regarding the refrigerator you would need to post a new question.

If you would like to request me you simply need to click on my name at the corner of the info box.

Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

the washer was put on a generator and all lights came no codes on house current which is now 107.5 it doesnt go

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
When you hit start does the machine fill, do you hear it lock?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

on house current there is a code and only the screen lights up nothing else

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
The same code?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes e91

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Ok then your going to need to replace the control board...Thinking about the generator I don't think that would work since the heater would draw more amps then the generator could supply although I have never tried running one off a generator.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

all the lights came on with the generator hooked up and no code on house current no lights and code keeps flashing i think if it runs on generator it should run on house current since generator is 120 volts as house current should be.instructions on machine says 120volts

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
I am really not sure about the generator, You would need to consult a electrician, the machine should run on 110v - 130v but as I say it likely would not start because the amps it draws would be more then the generator could supply.

If you still have the same error code on the house supply and have tried the wire harness and that didn't work replace the control.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Your welcome Von