Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Hi I have a Beko CGA9956 Fridge Freezer and recently it has

Hi I have a Beko CGA9956 Fridge Freezer and recently it has started to occasionally make a loud audible bleep sound which goes on for several minutes before stopping. It is not the same as when the fridge door is left open and I have no idea what is causing it? I cannot find my manual to trouble shoot. Any suggestions greatly appreciated......I would add it is about 9 years old so may have come to the end of it life possibly....
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The sound is likely an over temp alarm. How are the temperatures in the freezer? Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it does not have a separate temperature control or guide for the freezer, the food however is remaining frozen with no problems...there is no frost on the inside back wall of the freezer and it is making the usual sound no additional noises are coming from it...I have the setting set to 4 for the fridge/freezer as always....could it be a problem with the gas for the frost free freezer that is causing this?

The sealed system would not cause the beep directly, but if the temperature gets too high it could be caused by the refrigerant level being low, yes. I suspect the control may be playing up a bit, though. Unplug the unit for at least one hour and see if it still sounds.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can try that but it does not make the sound continuously - I have only heard it do it twice in the last week and after a few minutes it stops. So this would not really answer why it has done it as too intermittent a problem to be sure if this fixes it or not?

I still suspect it is control related if the temperatures are not causing issues.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if it is control related is this something that can be fixed or given the age of the appliance should I be looking to replace it? I have checked my receipt and it is actually 10 years old

I would use it until it dies and tolerate the noise....