Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Hi - My Indesit idl 40 c is not going through the wash cycle,

Hi - My Indesit idl 40 c is not going through the wash cycle, it part fills with water but not above the element. Then nothing happens, the arms don't spin and it stays with the wash light on until evetually it drains.

Please help!

Dean
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The wash motor is likely faulty. Do you hear any humming or buzzing noises at all after it fills?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it hums, I thought it was the element heating up.
The element will not hum, that is the recirculation motor. It will likely need to be replaced and is available below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX underneath and made sure nothing has come loose. The machine is working now, maybe one of the wires had come loose?
It is possible, one of the motor wires. Make sure the wiring is good to the motor and especially the round capacitor mounted to the side of it. Glad it is now working!