Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

the timer of my siemens tc86303 is not working. the clock disappears,

the timer of my siemens tc86303 is not working. the clock disappears, but thats all. Its not starting to make coffee.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If you hear no sounds after the time goes away, sounds like water heating, you likely have an open thermal fuse. Do you hear anything at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, i hear nothing at all.

Okay, so there is a thermal protector that will open to prevent overheating in the case. That part will prevent power from going to the element. The problem is that most of these are not listed on any parts list so if you are wanting to fix it, you will need to locate the fuse, or upload a picture of the internal components for me to point it out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kelly, sorry i did not reply earlier, all to do with irregular workingtimes. I just heard from my husband that it worked one time, so i will try tomorrowmorning again. We bought the coffeemaker 1 week ago, so if its not working, i think i better go back to the store with it and try to get a new one.

Thank you for helping me.

I understand, thank you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.