Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi, I have just installed this model and the clock is flashing

Hi, I have just installed this model and the clock is flashing but the oven isn't working, I assume the clock must be set for it to work. Can u tell me how to set the clock please?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me the make and model number please?
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Siemens hb56n550b
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mandi

Thanks

Ill just check for you, now
Thanks
Rob
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mandi
Please go here (just click on the word ”here”).
Wait for the page to settle, ignore the adverts then click the download button. You are looking for the Media Fire file.This is a PDF file so you can save it or print it for future reference.

This is the manual for your oven and all the controls and clock operation, are explained in the early chapters. This should get you set.

If you need more help, please just ask, in the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rob, when I press the clock button to set the time, it doesn't go to 12:00 so can't set it using the rotary knob as instructions say. What is the next thing I have to do?? I need to set the clock for the oven to work, correct?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mandi
YES
The clock must be set for the oven to work.

If it wont set, it seems there is a problem with the clock itself.
This may be borne out by the tape on the clock.

The clock is very expensive to replace.
Sorry its not good news for you

If you wanted it repaired, I think the cheapest way is to get an all inclusive quote as this would include ALL parts.

Please let me have your postcode and I can check for you

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX nightmare!,, yes if you could please get me an all inclusive quote I'd appreciate it. Cheers
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mandi

OK, its £125
This includes the call out, all labour, ALL PARTS and the vat

The scheme is run by British Gas, so call them on 0800(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
They will make an appointment for you

Sorry its not such good news.
Please don't forget to rate using the smiley faces, this should reflect me, NOT the oven !!

Thanks
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks rob, sure I understand
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome, any problems rating or the smiley faces, just let me know

Thanks
Rob