Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Miele washing machine when switched on the water goes

I have a Miele washing machine when switched on the water goes into powder drawer and after a short time the water is emptied through the outlet pipe.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

It sounds like the machine is syphoning.

Can you tell me, how and where is the waste hose connected to the house plumbing?
Also, how long has t been installed in this position?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The waste hose is not connected to anything it just drains away onto the floor and then goes down a floor drain. It has been like this always. If I leave it on to long it fills with water and then comes out of the soap drawer.

Hi Peter

Thanks
It sounds like the machine is siphoning (Filling and draining at the same time)
This is because the hose is too low to the floor.
The hose should be looped up behind the machine so as to cause an air break and this will stop the siphoning.

I understand that you have changed nothing, but I suspect that over time the hose has moved down fractionally, over time.

Try raising the hose and see what happens
If you need more help, please just ask me.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob