Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Hi,I have a Siemens SIWATHERM WT79020EU drier and it is

Hi, I have a Siemens SIWATHERM WT79020EU drier and it is making a creaking sound when it runs (or when you turn it by hand). I suspect the belt however cannot see how to get to it. I have taken off the back panel (access to the fan) and the top cover but can't get access to the motor at the bottom. Grateful for confirmation as to the cause of the noise and / or advice on how to replace the belt.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards Chris

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! There should be screws on the back of the side panels and on the top of the side panels. Once those are removed, the side panels will come off, allowing access inside. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Thanks. I have the panel off and I can see the belt that is causing the groaning or squeaking sound. It's the small belt from the motor shaft to the idle wheel. What should I do to stop the noise?

I took a video of the belt turning but can't find a way to upload it to you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
Is the belt cracker or really worn?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

It looks a bit worn but I can't see any cracking. Difficult to tell as it's a bit hard to get to. I have attached a picture.

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
That doesn't look too bad. Some belt dressing on the belt should help with the noise. It won't take much, just a couple quick sprays. Belt dressing is available at any automotive parts store.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Thanks. XXXXX had to replace the belt how would I do it?

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
The front will need to come off to allow the belt to be routed around the drum.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Many thanks Kelly
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
You are very welcome. Let me know if you have trouble after the belt dressing, we can work on replacement then.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!