Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

the washing machine from hotpoint ultima is not getting the

the washing machine from hotpoint ultima is not getting the water in,the light is showing that the machine is doing the wasthing but is not and than it comes to the final spin and spins and than it s finished.but the cloths are dry. the program is showing LESE or something so i gues is somethig wrong with the program...help please thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I suspect you may have a faulty water inlet valve. Any humming or buzzing noises at the start of the cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, no there is no noise at the start of the cycle as i said it would be something with the program, my one year old probebly presset something because the machine was working fine untill my last wash...there are 4 lights above the little display prewash wash rinse and spin and final spin, when i turn the machine on the lights gradualy come on but the machine is doing nothing untill it comes to final spin and then the process is finished. at the start of the process the display is showing those letteres LESE or something like that and then what i wrote happens. the water is conected to the machine properly so i do not thing it's the water conection....any other advice?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Let's try this...

Open the washer door and turn the machine on. Press and hold both the ON/OFF and the START/CANCEL buttons until it says "d-off" in the display. Release the buttons and then start a new cycle. Any change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi nothing is happening...
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Did the display change at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it did not nothing was happining
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, and the door was open and the machine plugged in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure, sounds like a control issue. That should have reset it. I will place your question back to the list for others to see, perhaps another has another idea.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that s great thank you so much. There no many button to work with and i tried alreadypressing them two button. It looks like i need to call somebody around. Thanks again.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 1 year ago.

Hiya,

Sorry for the long delay in getting to your question.

Can you post the actual model number of your machine please?

Hotpoint is the make, Ultima is the range. I need the actual model number

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can not find the seriel number.i was on hotpoin website and it was showen where to find it but it not there. All i can see is WT741
Expert:  Techdesk replied 1 year ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for that. WT741 is the model number.

I think your machine is in tEst mode.

It's the nearest thing I can think of that would look like LESE.

Turn the machine off.

Turn on.

Press and hold together the start/pause button, the on/off button and the top left option button.

You must press and hold all 3 together, at the same time.

This should take the machine out of test mode and allow it to work again.

Try it out, see how it goes and get back to me.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wow u r genius!!!! It s working! Thank you so much!!!!
Expert:  Techdesk replied 1 year ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for letting me know.

If you could ensure you rate my answer and not the previous experts, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.