Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I have a zwf1621W model XXXXXXXXXXX I got the error code

I have a zwf1621W model XXXXXXXXXXX I got the error code E52 and replaced the very worn cardon brushes for new from espare. Ran once on a full program post refit but know stalls mid way through any cycle. Drum moves satisfactory at the start of the cycle but then program stalls and start light repeatedily flashes. Have left the machine over night in this state but still programme fails to continue. Any help gratefully received. Chris
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Are you still getting an error code of 52?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, post fitting of new carbon brushes, the test program just ran through the lights, i took this as meaning all ok. Then reverted back to E52 after one good wash.

Hi Chris

Im afraid this is not good news.

E52 = No signal from motor tachometric generator

Possible Cause = Motor faulty; wiring faulty; PCB faulty

Its possible that the carbons are jammed, so that the first thing to check.

Then check the wiring into the multiplug on the motor, the wiring can break due to vibration.

Failing that its probably the pcb.

Because there is no definitive test, for the homeowner, to prove if its the PCB or the motor, I would suggest you get a fixed price repair as this would include ALL PARTS needed.

If you'd like a quote, please let me have your postcode

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email