Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

hi I have a beko dsfn 1530w dishwasher wont work

hi I have a beko dsfn 1530w dishwasher, it wouldn't drain so I changed the drain pump, the machine done 1 wash then I went to do a second wash and had the same symptoms so got a replacement pump and fitted it again, but the dishwasher lights up but wont work

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I suspect you may have a floating restriction in the drain hose that is clearing then lodging to stop the water flow. Have you looked at the entire drain line, including where it is attached to the home's plumbing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kelly

Yes I have mate I took the drain line off completely and looked through the pipe it was clear the first time.. I haven't taken it off this time though mate

I have seen very small things get lodged and then come loose, especially small rubber and silicone pads from cutting boards, etc. I would take the hose off and run a couple loads of water into a bucket and see what comes out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi mate have run water through the pipe and it is clear, run water through the drain part with no pipes and water pump disconnected and it is clear, put it all back together and still same problem it lights up but doesn't do anything

Okay, so you don't hear the pump running or the pump is running but will not drain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no mate don't hear anything

Okay, so it is not a pump or drain issue then but a control/power issue. Does the door shut tightly? Do you have a meter to test the door switch with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi mate just pushed the door and the machine worked hahahaha, always the simplest thing, thanks looks like we now need to do something with the door..

thanks a lot buddy

I believe the latch may be weak or maybe just a door adjustment!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that's brilliant thanks a lot my friend :)

You are very welcome!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

great guy, polite and very helpful, i wuold recommend him to anyone :)