Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

zanussi wash machine ZWF 1432 W. I put some material in it

zanussi wash machine ZWF 1432 W. I put some material in it that was too heavy and hence the drum came off its axis, one spring came lose. I have put it back but it wont start,.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! It is likely that the drum dropping disconnected a wire harness somewhere. Inspect all wiring for loose connections or broken wires. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelly, thanks for your answer. I did check for disconnected wires but didnt see any. Am not at home at the moment so cant check again til tomorrow. Is there some kind of safety cut off switch that may have been tripped?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
There is no safety switch, no. Does it program okay and just not start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah it starts and makes the normal noise that they do and then you would hear the water being pumped in but it just stops.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Will the tub turn smoothly by hand now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah it turns fine both ways and there's no noise or anything out of the ordinary there.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
There must be a connection off somewhere. Did it drop enough to break anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i dont think so it went down onto a hardboard floor. I will check thoroughly for disconnected wires in the morning, I may have missed something

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for your help I'll get back to you.

Dominic.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Morning Kelly, I have just checked over the machine thoroughly and it all seems to be ok. no lose wires or anything. should i open the main circuit board and look in there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
would like a quick answer
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The next step would indeed be to inspect the main electronic control, yes. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, yeah i looked inside the pcb module and sadly it has blown. theres a black mark on the plastic cover and the board is black in the corresponding area. i checked online and they are over £100 to replace so ive decided to get another machine.and who knows maybe the main interface panel could also be damaged so I dont wanna risk it. any thoughts?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I totally agree and suspect other damage was done. I believe a new machine is in order....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what are your thoughts with regard to buying used machines?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, if it is from a reputable reseller, I have no issue with it. They will usually provide a warranty with it. From a private seller, I would discourage unless it is such a great deal you could afford to make repairs early on. People usually don't sell unless they have issues with a machine.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!