Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

Hi there, It looks like a credit card has got stuck behind

Hi there,

It looks like a credit card has got stuck behind the drum of my Hotpoint Aqaurius Extra (Model WMA46S). I've seen the answer at regarding drum access and wanted to know if it applies to the 46S as well. Plus, should you disconnect the water feed pipes as well as the drain hose?

Your machine will be exactly the same.

If the hoses are long enough you don't need to take the water supply hoses nor the drain hose off (it doesn't say to take the drain hose off in the answer you linked to).

However, if it's behind the drum, none of the previous post would allow access to it.

The only way to get behind the inner drum is to strip the entire appliance apart, take the entire tub assembly out and then take that apart so you can take the inner drum out.

This would be a massive job that needs the top and front panels removing then everything disconnecting from the tub assembly.

Check it out, see how you get on and get back to me.

Hope this helps