Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  I have worked in the appliance industry ever since graduating from college.

Type your question here.the ice maker exit freezes up and

Type your question here.
the ice maker exit freezes up and makes grinding noises.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you explain what you mean by the ice maker exit? Are you talking about the funnel on the door itself where the ice dispenses through to fill your glass with ice when you push on the paddle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The actual exit from the ice box frosts up and prevents the rotary wheel from going round and consequently totally freezes up and deposits frost onthe door funnel

OK so this happens due to the fact that the flap on the ice chute inside the dispenser is not sealing up properly and it's letting moisture into the freezer. You will need to take the dispenser apart and see if there is anything broken. If you don't see any plastic pieces broken then you'll want to replace the ice chute flap itself because it's just not sealing up.