Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a older Bosch Ceran cook top, not induction. In the

I have a older Bosch Ceran cook top, not induction. In the middle of cooking it just stopped working. Main power seems to be on but the top has no life. I have no manual for further checking. Is it posible there is an internal fuse of some sort?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

On some of these hobs there is a thermal fuse.
Is this a halogen hob? ie it glows bright orange immediately?
Can you repost the model number and put the letter A directly in front of it, so it looks like

A123456

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not believe the number is XXXXX but it is what is visible on top. But I can tell you it is a simple unit, only 4 burners, and about 8 years old.

Yes, the burners glow quickly.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joe

Did you not try to post the model number in your first post?
I was asking you to repost it for me

Without the model number there isn't much I can do

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The number I gave was, using your A

A9000146688

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joe
Thanks.
Sometimes the site crosses out numbers as it thinks it may be a phone number so wont post it for your privacy.

Unfortunately that number is XXXXX from the glass top. This is the number of the glass made by Scott Ceran.

If this was made by Bosch the model number should start with a couple of letters.

However, to be able to try and diagnose this, you will need to disconnect the power to the hob and extract it from the worktop.
You should then be able to remove the retaining strips that hold the glass in place.

You will need a multimeter to test the continuity.

If you prefer I can get you a fixed price repair for this. I just need your postcode

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is the price you are referring to for fixing or checking...I assume checking?

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joe

No

If you want me to get you a quote, it will include the call out, all parts, all labour and the vat

Its a set price for the repair
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

BN43 5EQ

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joe

Thanks

Ok the best price , all in, is £125

This is from British Gas who carry out this scheme. If it needs any parts at all, this is a great way to get it fixed, by a reputable company, cheaply !
Please call them on 0800(NNN) NNN-NNNNand they will make an appointment for you

If you need more help, please just ask. In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.