Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Zanussi Aquacycle 1250 model FLS 1383W washing,

I have a Zanussi Aquacycle 1250 model FLS 1383W washing machine. There is a lot of vibration followed by loud knocking around mid revs on the spin cycle but not above it nor below it. I dont think its bearings as it runs smoothly above and below this speed. I suspected the springs on the concrete block had come off but now I can get the top off, both top springs are in place and tw.o hydraulic pistons at the bottom look secure. I am aware that a badly loaded or overloaded machine will vibrate until the clothes are thrown to the side by centralfugal force. I dont think it is this. How do I fault-find the problem and cure it? Everything else works fine on it.

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I suspect you may have a broken spinner support on the tub assembly. If you lift the tub up and down, does it move and if so, does it knock at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I can lift it up vertically about 2 inches and push it down about 3 inches. When I push it down there is a light clunk at the bottom my push as it hits something. It will also move sideways, more at the back than the front of the drum.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The drum support is indeed broken and will need to be replaced. The support comes as part of the tub assembly and is available below. This is a very in depth repair and will require complete and total disassembly of the machine.

Tub Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Zanussi FLS1383W Inner Drum & Spider

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. So is it the Y shaped part in the picture that has snapped? I am quite handy (I used to do the mechanics on my old car) but if the part is £156 and I have to get a expert it it may be cheaper to get another machine. Are recon parts available?

You dont think there is any other cause for the problem, just in case? Thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The tub should not move at all, it is indeed broken. Also, the seals will need to be replaced. If the machine is 5 years or older, I would replace it.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!