Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Zanussi Aquacycle 1250 model FLS 1383W washing,

I have a Zanussi Aquacycle 1250 model FLS 1383W washing machine. There is a lot of vibration followed by loud knocking around mid revs on the spin cycle but not above it nor below it. I dont think its bearings as it runs smoothly above and below this speed. I suspected the springs on the concrete block had come off but now I can get the top off, both top springs are in place and tw.o hydraulic pistons at the bottom look secure. I am aware that a badly loaded or overloaded machine will vibrate until the clothes are thrown to the side by centralfugal force. I dont think it is this. How do I fault-find the problem and cure it? Everything else works fine on it.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I suspect you may have a broken spinner support on the tub assembly. If you lift the tub up and down, does it move and if so, does it knock at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I can lift it up vertically about 2 inches and push it down about 3 inches. When I push it down there is a light clunk at the bottom my push as it hits something. It will also move sideways, more at the back than the front of the drum.

The drum support is indeed broken and will need to be replaced. The support comes as part of the tub assembly and is available below. This is a very in depth repair and will require complete and total disassembly of the machine.

Tub Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Zanussi FLS1383W Inner Drum & Spider

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. So is it the Y shaped part in the picture that has snapped? I am quite handy (I used to do the mechanics on my old car) but if the part is £156 and I have to get a expert it it may be cheaper to get another machine. Are recon parts available?

You dont think there is any other cause for the problem, just in case? Thanks

The tub should not move at all, it is indeed broken. Also, the seals will need to be replaced. If the machine is 5 years or older, I would replace it.