Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Zanussi Zsf4126 dishwasher wash and dry lights flashing continuously,

Zanussi Zsf4126 dishwasher wash and dry lights flashing continuously, won't complete a cycle. Any ideas?

Gavin XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This sounds like a drain error.
Did the machine stop with water in it?
Is there water in there now?
Wht happens when you start a new cycle?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. Yes it stops with water still in the machine. When u start a new cycle it kicks in and sounds like its going normally but then it just stops and the water gets left behind in the machine?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HI

THanks

Open the door, you should see water in there.
Start any cycle.
The drain pump should run first for about a minute.
At this point, open the door.
Tell me, is the water still in there and did you hear the pump running?

Can you also tell me, how is the waste hose connected to the house plumbing? Is it under the sink?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can definitely hear the pump running for that first minute. There's no water in the dishwasher.

The waste pipe goes into plastic pipe that then links to the u bend pipe under the kitchen sink
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Great

Undo the hose at the sink U bend
Put a bucket on the top of the DW and start a rinse cycle.
It should pump out some water first, you'll hear the pump.
Then it should fill and do the rinse.
At this point it should empty into the bucket.
Be ready to stoop the machine if it looks like the bucket will overflow!
DONT EMPTY THE BUCKET DOWN THE SINK

Was there any food debris in the water? Was it pumped out at a reasonable speed?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No food debris, a couple of tiny bits of mould though. It came out relatively quickly (ie shot out at first then slowed down a bit)
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi

OK
So, it now seems to be emptying ok.

Make sure the spigot under the sink and the trap are clear, especially if water drains slowly from sink.
Refit hose and try it again.

It sounds like something was stuck in the waste pump and its now cleared.

If you need more help, please just ask me,
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, bit confused! Spigot and trap? Any clues as to what they are lol

Tried running the dishwasher again and it's still not working and has the same warning lights flashing
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Sorry, on the sink, the waste trap and the bit that the waste hose attach's to.

At what point does the error come up?

Has it left water in the machine again?

Thanks

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep water is left in the machine. It runs for about a minute and a half then just stalls . The lights appear when I stop the cycle due to inactivity.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
OK
Strange !
So, with water currently in the machine, select a new cycle and start it.
Let it pump out for the minute then just check the water has drained correctly now

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just noticed the lights also show when selecting a new cycle (ie before I press the start button)!

The water definitely drains away after a minute but again the cycle stops after that point. All you can hear after that is a trickle of water coming into the machine but then it doesn't do anything
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Turn off the water and undo the inlet hose into the machine.
Make sure the inlet valve is not clogged with lime scale or debris.
Put hose in bucket and turn water on.
Can you stop pressure with your finger?

If inlet is blocked, clean it out, refit hose and try again

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I'm going to have to quit here as this is a bit beyond me! I can't fin how to turn he water off so I can't run the test. Thank u for ur help this far
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Your welcome

Would you like me to get an all inclusive quote for this repair?
Ill just need your postcode

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please. My postcode is cm1 1qa. When u say all inclusive would that cover repairs and a callout charge?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
THanks
The cheapest quote on this machine is £125
This includes the call out, all labour and ALL PARTS and the vat.

If it needs parts, this is the cheapest way of getting it done

If you'd like to book it, please call British Gas who run the scheme, on
0800(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>They will make the appointment for you
Sorry it wasn't an easy fix for you on this, but we did try!

In the meantime,

Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.