Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have a Bosch MAXX WFL2260 - cant remember when we bought

We have a Bosch MAXX WFL2260 - can't remember when we bought it.

At start of cycle we hear (and can see the water entering the machine) but after a few seconds it stops.

First thought was to check the filter (no one can recall when this was last cleaned) but cannot turn the cap. Feels like if pressure is applied the cap will crack / break. Appears to be a spur on the cap which is digging into the black washer.

Should add that for some time, at end of washing cycle, clothes do not appear to have been spun properly.

Is likely to be a minor problem or something more major?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

It sounds like you have foreign objects in the filter and this is causing the pump to jam and not empty the machine.

The filter will have to come out to resolve this issue.
If the worst happens, the filter is replaceable as a spare part. Unfortunately there is no other way of getting the objects out.

If necessary try using pliers to get it out.

Let me know how you get on
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have started to use pliers, and the filter cap is not budging. In fact the plastic "handle" is now cracked and broken. There is not sufficient of the handle left to get any purchase. How now to remove the filter cap?

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roy

There is something clearly jammed in there.

If the handle has broken, you will have to break open the front of the filter, remove the object and then get it undone.
If its that long ago that this was last cleaned out, and you live in a hard water area, it may just be a build up of lime scale that is keeping that closed.
Can you let me have the last 3 digits of the model number from the data plate in the door recess and Ill try and find you the replacement part
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, inside the door is a label with the follow long no:

WFL2260UK/04 FD 8006 607814

We do live in a hard water area.

At the moment using screwdrivers and pliers to try and move the filter - but no go.

is next step just to try and break it apart?

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roy

Yep, Im afraid so

Im looking for the part now

Rob
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roy

Please go here (Just click on the word in blue)

This is the filter for your machine, and ts not too expensive.
You can order it from there, they have good prices and delivery!

Sorry there wasn't an easier solution. Just remember to check at least monthly, to prevent the problem recurring.

If you need more help, please just ask me..
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.