Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch wet 2820 no heat throughout drying cycle! Everything

Bosch wet 2820 no heat throughout drying cycle!
Everything else working I think?
Took back off but cannot see any switch
idan
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok if theres no heat during the drying cycle then you need to pull the washer out and remove the top.

From there you will see the dryer chamber on the top.

On the left hand side of this chamber is a thermostat. It will have a red button in the middle. This is the reset thermostat. Press the red button in and if you hear it click then its just reset.

Then retry the dryer and see how it goes from there.

If its still not getting hot then you need a multimeter and test the heater and also chek the fan motor at the back of the chamber is free and running ok when on dryer cycle.

But check that thermostat first and see what you find.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,have already pressed red switch in thermostat but no response! The fan at the back of dryer unit is functioning correctly! that seems to leave heater but I do no have a metre!
Any other suggestions
Aidan
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok if the thermostat hasn't popped out and the fan is running then its possibley the heater.

But without a multimeter you cannot tell if its faulty. As you need to confirm if 240v is going to the heater. As if it is then it will be the heater at fault.

So if you can access a multimeter then you can check that.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would a phase tester screwdriver accomplish the same task?
Aidan
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Yes that will work. As the heater needs a live and neutral so one side of the heater should light up and the other side wont.

So check it and see what you find.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't understand what you mean?
Where on the unit can I check with the phase tester to see if the heater has power?
Aidan
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Just touch the heater wire to test it. I am assuming its a neon screwdriver you have?

If so then touch the wire for the heater on the dryer chamber and see if it glows up. But you need to have the dryer running at the time so be very carefull when you do this.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry where abouts is this wire so I can access it?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

The heater wires are next to that reset thermostat on the side of the dryer chamber.

Look at the thermostat and behind there should be 2 wires. This is the dryer heater.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes have it now and there is no power in those two wires!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No power in those two wires! Not sure if I sent you that update?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Yes got them. I think the site just froze as it wouldn't let me in.

Did you check the sensor on the other side of the dryer chamber?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are two sensors and only one of them has any cables attached! Neither of the sensors have any power at all! All the contact points on the thermostat have power!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok if theres no power to the heater but the thermostats all seem ok then its possibley a dryer timer switch at fault here. This is the part you turn to set the dryer going.

As this sends the power to the heater and thermostats so if theres no power at them then its not coming out from the dryer timer here.

If this is the case then the timer itself will need to be replaced and fingers crossed this will cure it. But you may want to just get it checked out first just in case as these parts are quite expensive. As without a multimeter you cannot test parts to check the resistances.

Regards

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.