Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Good morning I have a Bosch Classixx frost free that leaks

Good morning
I have a Bosch Classixx frost free that leaks water periodically, not very much but enough to be a nuisance. It only leaks for a short time then stops. I think it is coming from the back but I haven't checked this because the fridge is set back in an alcove and I don't want to move it unless I have to. We have had some building work done and the fridge has had to be moved several times so is there a pipe or tube that could have come adrift? I'm hoping for a quick fix here.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

There is often a tube that runs down the back of the machine and into a cntainer on the top of the compressor. This may have become misplaced or the container may be cracked or damaged.

Can you tell me the exact model number please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob

well according to handbook the e number is XXXXX and the other one is FD8406.

Hi Denise

Im having trouble finding those details, but either way, I think you need to pull it out and look.

Be careful though as the compressor, at the bottom, will be very hot if it has just been running.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay, I'll have a look then. I'll have to do it later when I can get some help to shift it.

Thank you.

Hi Denise

Your welcome
Good luck with it

All the best